Thursday, June 26, 2008

So my mom swept through New York City these past few days and you know what that means! Dinner at fancy restaurants and shopping for things I can't afford. Namely, a dress for my brother's wedding.

Sak's makes me uncomfortable although all you lovers of fancy designers, the third floor is having a major sale on all of their upscale clothing.

But the best part about my mom coming into town? Taking cabs. I never take cabs. I don't have the money and it's usually quicker to take public transit. But, I welcome taxi rides whenever someone is willing to subsidize. Over the last couple of days, I've encountered a couple of types of drivers:
-pump the gas man - you are especially annoying because you make me want to vomit all over your seats.
-pump the break man - you are equally annoying as I'm not in love with hitting my head on the partition
-need for speed man - I don't have a huge problem with you as long as I get to my destination alive
and finally
-slow and steady man - I have no need for you. This is New York City and I have places to be.


In other news, there was quite a hubbub in my neighborhood yesterday evening as a small dog in a garden behind my apartment was crying all night. While some were simply annoyed by the barking, there were quite a few of us who are concerned because the dog is left out there all hours of the day and night with no food or water. Needless to say, at midnight I was scaling the fence in my backyard in attempt to save the pup, but to no avail. My neighbor was supposed to call the animal precinct this morning and I hope she did!

This Sunday, I'll be with my brother and his fiance promoting pet adoptions at the gay pride parade. Look for me! I'll be marching in the parade. I'll be the one who isn't making out with a lesbian.

1 comment:

123 said...

I hope the schkaboodle was saved. ;(