Sunday, February 17, 2008

New York navigation

Here's an interesting thing I've noticed. Appropriate, but interesting nonetheless.

I've lived here for a little over a year. I can pretty much get anywhere. Unless I'm driving. Then I'm a total tourist. Simple things like which streets run uptown and which run downtown simply baffle me. The concepts of north, south, east, west? Like a different language.

All of a sudden I forget everything I knew about New York City and feel like I should just follow a cab, I'll probably end up somewhere interesting.


I say this because today I will be venturing to the thriving metropolis that is Nazareth, PA. Actually very excited, should be a relaxing drive and accompanying evening.



Side note:
The mouse has been captured...but not without a fair amount of thinking on my part. I actually had to outsmart the mouse. I had to think of a way that HE wouldn't have already thought of. I actually took a glue trap, stuck three toothpicks in it vertically, with a piece of my dog's kibble laying atop. I woke up this morning and SUCCESS.

I will sleep well tonight knowing I don't have a small furry friend dragging ketchup packets across my kitchen floor.

No comments: