Wednesday, February 20, 2008

rathbone's for chicken bones

Since we moved into the upper east apartment, Adam won't stop talking about how he's heard the best wings in New York City are all within blocks of our apartment. So tonight, being 25 cent wing night at Rathbone's, we ventured out to try the goods. Well he did. Years of Jewish food have left me with no tolerance for spicy food.

I had a burger...it was good, but why did it need to have an english muffin for a bun. I'd much rather have a big, eggy challah roll.

Apparently the wings were delicious which is a good thing.

And there was a really sparse amount of sawdust on the floor, another thing I didn't understand. But besides all those small things, I thought it was fun neighborhood bar. The service was good, we sat in a nice booth...it was a good time.


Meanwhile, since I don't drive very often in the city, I was pleasantly surprised while driving on the FDR from the Brooklyn Bridge up to 96th street. What a nice ride, like lake shore drive.





So that's it. Here's to 2-4 inches of snow on Friday. Can't wait.

2 comments:

MDH HTP said...

long story, but i got a free pair of jeans becuse of that snowstorm.

123 said...

I can't wait until I eat NY wings.